To unite information design and data analytics empowering you to learn together as a community, the DataDNA community
Boost data visualisation capabilities
Show best practices of data-driven decision making
Enable Career Opportunities
Who Can Participate ?
You are an experienced individual or team.
This is a chance to show your data analytical and visualisation competences for clients and employers, and earn professional recognition!
Practice your data analytics and visualisation skills and make a great portfolio!
Learn Together and Win BIG!
December 1 – December 15, 2023
December 15, 2023
Deadline for all entries to be submitted
Judge reviews the entries and select the winners
December 15 – December 21, 2023
December 22 2023
Award ceremony Online
How well did you visualise the data.
How you define key indicators, find insights, and define calculations and metrics.
Data storytelling techniques to highlight problems and explain solutions.
How you use interactive tools, advanced features, any innovative concepts.
How to submit your entry
– Follow Onyx Data on LinkedIn (it’s Ok if you already follow Onyx Data).
– Share a LinkedIn post on your profile with your visualisation image and tag directly using @ mention to @OnyxData @ZoomCharts, @Data Career Jumpstart, @DATAcated, @The AI Journal and the hashtag #dataDNA.
– In your post, share an image of your visualisation or dashboard (remember, it must be a single image).
– Complete this form
How to Enter ZoomCharts Mini Challenge for Power BI:
1. Register for ZoomCharts Mini Challenge here and receive a Drill Down Visuals Developer License for Power BI.
2. Create a Power BI report including at least 2 ZoomCharts Drill Down Visuals in one report page!
3. Submit your entry here to be verified.
(If your submission doesn’t match the challenge criteria, you will be notified by email, so make sure you will have time for revision and resubmission if needed. Feel free to resubmit entry as many times as necessary before the deadline)
4. Follow ZoomCharts on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/zoomcharts/)
5. Share a LinkedIn post on your profile that contains @ZoomCharts, @OnyxData and the hashtags #dataDNA, #builtwithzoomcharts.
Judging Criteria for Power BI reports:
Business users use reports to make data-driven decisions.
That’s why reports are called effective if they enable users to drill down and filter data quickly and intuitively to find answers to any question they might have and analyse data in all possible directions and dimensions.
We will evaluate:
1) How easy is it to understand the data? (max 10 points)
Is too much text used for explanation?
Are the indicative colors in charts instinctually understandable?
Does it tell a story?
2) How easy-to-use is the report? (max 14 points)
Cross-chart filtering implementation across the report. Can other visuals provide relevant data as the user explores the report?
Drill Down: multi-layer data exploration. Can the user drill down and gain additional insights within the report?
Use of tutorial overlays and other elements to assist new users. Can a new user start using this report straight away with just the guidance provided within the report itself?
3) How good is the report design and is it suitable for its purpose? (max 10 points)
Visual design: is the overall look consistent, no empty spaces, no overcrowding?
Interface design: are there unnecessary visualisations/buttons/complexity in use?
UX design: is the produced report usable?
Report design: is the main challenge answered?
Technical: are all the fonts used the same, are the sizes readable? You are encouraged to use various techniques at your disposal, such as tooltips, drill-throughs, drill-downs, cross-chart filtering and page navigation features, to enhance your analysis.
Here are some useful links to learn more about ZoomCharts and get inspiration for your report:
1) Use-Case Gallery: Try live demos and download reports made by the ZoomCharts team
2) Video tutorials: Watch engaging video guides on how to set up and use the visuals
3) Documentation: Technical deep-dive about ZoomCharts visuals
4) ZoomCharts Blog: Useful tips&tricks for data visualization and report creation
5) Visuals Gallery: Explore all the possible customization options for Drill Down Visuals.
Contact our team