- 1. [IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE]
- 2. [THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU]
- 3. [HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?]
- 4. [HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA]
- 5. [DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA]
- 6. [INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS]
- 7. [DATA SECURITY]
- 8. [DATA RETENTION]
- 9. [YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS]
Important information and who we are
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Full name of legal entity: Onyx Data Ltd
Postal address: 3rd Floor, Buckingham House, Buckingham Street , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom HP20 2LA.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”), the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and services, including the pages of the website that you visit, the time and date of your visit and the time spent on those pages .
- Includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- How is your personal data collected?
- We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- order our services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our services or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- apply for a job with us;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or give us feedback or contact us.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
Technical Data from the following parties:
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the UK.
- How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity (b) Contact||Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your order including: (a) Manage payments, fees and charges (b) Collect and recover money owed to us||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Financial (d) Transaction (e)Marketing and Communications||(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)|
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition, promotion or complete a survey||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Usage (e)Marketing and Communications||(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our services, to develop them and grow our business)|
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical||(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise) (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Usage (e)Marketing and Communications (f) Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical (b) Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical (d) Usage (e) Profile (f) Marketing and Communications||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our services and grow our business)|
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following personal data control mechanisms:
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
From time to time, we may run competitions or promotions in conjunction with third parties such as sponsors, which may involve the collection of your Identity and Contact Data. We will provide details of any such third parties at the appropriate time before you submit your entry. By entering into these competitions or promotions, you give your consent that such Identity and Contact Data may be shared with such third parties in order that they may use your details for marketing purposes. You can however opt-out of any such marketing at any time as explained below.
Other than as referred to above for competitions or promotions run in conjunction with third parties, we will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
- Opting out
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a service purchase, service experience or other transactions.
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table ‘Purposes for which we will use your personal data’ above.
- External Third Parties such as: Challenge sponsors, technial authors and blogs.
- We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions[International transfers
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the UK.
- Data security
The security of your personal information is important to us. Although no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, we have put in place appropriate security measures to limit the risk of your personal data being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
Request access to and/or correction of your personal data. You can request details of the personal data we hold on you, along with a copy of such data, and the correction of any errors.
Request erasure of your personal data. We may not be able to delete some types of personal data, in particular, where we have a legal obligation to keep it (e.g. for regulatory reporting purposes) or, for example, where you want us to continue to provide you with a service and the processing of your personal data is necessary for the provision of that service.
Object to processing of your personal data. The right to object (on grounds relating to your particular situation) to the processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests, including for direct marketing purposes.
Request restriction or suspension of processing your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request transfer of your personal data. The right in some cases to receive your Information in a digital format or to have it transmitted directly to another controller (where technically feasible).
Right to withdraw consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time in respect of any processing of Information which is based upon a consent. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.